Thursday, July 24, 2008

Lately I have. . .

- spent a lot of time pestering my parents over the telephone and with impromptu visits. This morning Dad asked me why I was calling already for the 2nd time (it wasn't noon yet). This reminded me of a time I was asked why I called my mom most every night before bedtime. I simply replied, "Because I never know when the day will come that I can't." Every day with someone you love is a blessing.

- been going to the market on Saturdays with Christie and her boys. A good friend, coffee and fresh veggies is the perfect start to a day!

- been helping a friend through a tough time. I once said that good friends carry a roll of tape in their pocket. I don't think I'll need the whole roll. . . but I'll use it if I have to!

- begun having conversations with a young lady when she answers the phone rather than immediately asking for her mother. She's growing into a beautiful person.

- been planning an event to celebrate a friend taken too soon from our lives. I'm gonna need a bigger red cooler!

- kicked some bad habits.

- begun boycotting Starbucks. It's far past time to support the local business. $10.37 got me 4 different 1/4lb. bags of delicious goodness from the Lexington Coffee & Tea Co.

- begun swinging the ole tennis racket again! Oh how I've missed the sound of that fuzzy yellow ball popping off my strings!

- soaking up the sun (yes, Mel. . . with sunscreen!)

- growing fresh herbs in my window. (I have always wanted to do this.) It took three weeks for me to bring myself to actually pick and use them. They are just soooo pretty - but they TASTE waaaaaaaay better!

- been thinking how on earth I'm going to get back into shape. Not the "Oh I ran a mile today" in shape. . . I'm talking the "holy crap, I just kicked asss for 5 miles and now I'm going to play some tennis" kinda in shape. I miss miss miss my health. (And my size 6's) I have been letting it slide; blaming my lack of motivation on work, environment and time. No more.

- been laying in the floor instead of sitting in the chair while at my parent's house on Sunday mornings. My puppy loves it. He snuggles his little self into the pit of my belly and I can reach the top of his little head with my kisses.

- been happy. . .happy. . . happy.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Three cheers for sun screeeeeeen!!!